United Nations panel says U.S. owes reparations for slavery, mass incarceration, discrimination, among other things Mireille Fanon-Mendes-France, chairwoman of a United Nations working group for people of African descent, reads findings of institutionalized racism after an official visit to the U.S. in 2016.
We need your registration as a citizen to give us the POWER to hold the US accountable for the Human Rights violations against its African Descendant population.
There are numerous UN documents related to non-self-governing territories, self-determination, decolonization and related topics. This list highlights some of the most widely cited documents.
There are several recurrent reports prepared by the Secretariat or issued by the Secretary-General including:
1. All peoples have the right of self-determination. By virtue of that right they freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development.
2. All peoples may, for their own ends, freely dispose of their natural wealth and resources without prejudice to any obligations arising out of international economic co-operation, based upon the principle of mutual benefit, and international law. In no case may a people be deprived of its own means of subsistence.
3. The States Parties to the present Covenant, including those having responsibility for the administration of Non-Self-Governing and Trust Territories, shall promote the realization of the right of self-determination, and shall respect that right, in conformity with the provisions of the Charter of the United Nations.
1. Each State Party to the present Covenant undertakes to respect and to ensure to all individuals within its territory and subject to its jurisdiction the rights recognized in the present Covenant, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status.
2. Where not already provided for by existing legislative or other measures, each State Party to the present Covenant undertakes to take the necessary steps, in accordance with its constitutional processes and with the provisions of the present Covenant, to adopt such laws or other measures as may be necessary to give effect to the rights recognized in the present Covenant.
3. Each State Party to the present Covenant undertakes:
(a) To ensure that any person whose rights or freedoms as herein recognized are violated shall have an effective remedy, notwithstanding that the violation has been committed by persons acting in an official capacity;
(b) To ensure that any person claiming such a remedy shall have his right thereto determined by competent judicial, administrative or legislative authorities, or by any other competent authority provided for by the legal system of the State, and to develop the possibilities of judicial remedy;
(c) To ensure that the competent authorities shall enforce such remedies when granted.
The States Parties to the present Covenant undertake to ensure the equal right of men and women to the enjoyment of all civil and political rights set forth in the present Covenant.
In October 2018 We filed a request in the UN Decolonization Committee to be added to the Decolonization list of Non-Self-governing People
There are approximately 200 million people of African descent in the Americas, yet, despite comprising one-third of the region’s population, Afro-descendants are one of the most vulnerable minority groups in the hemisphere.
It should be noted that in the Declaration of Santiago and the Declaration of Durban, the American states recognized that people of African descent have to confront obstacles as a result of the social discrimination and prejudice that prevail in public and private institutions and also recognized that this is due to centuries of racism, racial discrimination, and enslavement and of the denial by the history of many of their rights This situation also results in a lack of recognition for the contribution of this group to the cultural heritage of the Americas.
We have formed a confederated democracy and we can't negotiate a national platform without your help we need you to spread the message, word-of-mouth, and donating are all ways of helping us achieve our goals together.